Island General Maintenance - RepairmanApply Now Apply Later Job ID 1173951BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 04, 2024
Responsibilities:Perform general preventive and corrective maintenance procedures, as well as, responding to various guest or operational repair needs, with specific focus on assigned discipline. Operate a variety of equipment and machinery including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work.
- Performs General Maintenance work in assigned trade for refurbishment or special project work.
- Maintains and executes work orders and estimates time and materials
- Perform plumbing maintenance, inspections and repairs, including troubleshooting water delivery systems/drains
- Installs, maintains and repairs and/or replaces water heaters and recirculating pumps
- Performs renovation and preventive maintenance functions
- Promote a safe work environment; Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures
- May provide lateral service to other departments
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in the areas of general maintenance / repairman preferred; Experience can be substituted with technical/vocational training in general maintenance and repair or other relevant experience for understudy development
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and materials common to general maintenance
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance
- Working skill of using tools of the trade including drain cleaning equipment, cameras, jetting, torches, grooving machines, pipe threaders, closet auger and plunger
- Ability to estimate time and materials needs
- This is a field service position that may include work from ladders, elevated platforms as well as working in confined spaces
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.