Senior Finance AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055540 Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Nov. 21, 2023
Location - this role is based in Hammersmith, 4 days per week
Overall Purpose of the Role
At The Walt Disney Company, we are seeking a qualified Senior Finance Analyst to join our FP&A team and drive bottom line growth.
As part of the FP&A team, you will ensure that all planning cycles (close, Annual Operating Plan, forecast, 5YP) for Direct To Consumer (DTC) Retail is always accurate, timely and well communicated to all stakeholders and are correctly reflected across all systems (COGNOS, ERC, EDP).
This role will require you to be on-site 4 days a week.
Areas of Responsibility
- Produce and maintain planning models for all planning cycles (close, AOP, forecast, 5YP), ensuring consolidation and Roll Up, preparing deliverables
- Prepare exec summaries and presentations highlighting key variances, risks and opportunities
- Responsible for detailed and relevant variance analysis across all business channels including quarterly deliverables to both Global DTC Retail and EMEA The Walt Disney Company
- Plan & track cost base, working closely with budget holders to monitor cost base and challenge them to identify cost efficiencies. This will be across operating cost lines & overheads within the remit of the role
- Responsible for Amazon & Other Marketplaces P&Ls, supporting the marketplaces team on longer term strategy in this non-vertical business model
- Support Finance Manager and Senior Finance Manager in delivering CAR’s (Capital Authorisation Requests)
- Support transition and implementation of new planning & reporting systems (e.g. move from ERC to EDP)
- Management of the team intern, ensuring their development and achievement of objectives
Training and Professional Development
- Operate with integrity, champion change and be a good ambassador for The Walt Disney Company
- Operate as part of an effective and inclusive team by demonstrating an awareness of others; welcoming and valuing unique perspectives and ideas; offering support, sharing knowledge and best practices in order to contribute to overall departmental commitments
- Take ownership of your professional development through regular career conversations with your line manager and utilising available resources such as D Learn, instructor-led courses and on the job learning
- Proactively suggest ways to improve departmental performance and processes, leveraging technological tools where applicable
- Build links with other TWDC functions to develop broader knowledge of the business
- Promote and maintain an inclusive workplace, championing diversity and inclusion and make use of available resources to extend knowledge and best practice
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- Degree-level education in a related field or equivalent work experience and accountancy qualification, essential
- Proven experience of building effective relationships and managing stakeholders within a large, multi-national, matrix organisation
- Experience of working within the retail / licensing FMCG sector preferred, ideally in an international environment
- Experience of supporting commercial management to a high standard and working with the Regional Finance and Commercial head office
- Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to a business partner that’s insightful, timely and responsive
- Strong commercial acumen, with prior experience of a similar commercial and/or FP&A role
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to produce clear and insightful presentations that deliver key messaging at the appropriate level of detail
- Numerate and analytical with a desire to think through and resolve problems
- Results focused and outcome driven
- Flexibility for UK, European or international travel may be required
- Contribution to ad-hoc projects as the business requires
- Flexible hours may be required to meet business needs
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store (UK) Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.