Senior Production Engineer - PlatformApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10079657 Location Sydney, Australia Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Feb. 12, 2024
Core Pipeline is a globally distributed team that develops tools and workflows that act as the foundational infrastructure for ILM’s creative departments at all of our locations around the world. We work closely with CG Production to create innovative tooling for media management, publishing and asset management, developer platforms, and other core services. We work with all levels of artists and supervisors to create efficient, resilient, and artist-friendly software.
Within Core Pipeline, the Platform team provides the services, tools and applications that underpin the VFX pipeline. The Senior Production Engineer for Platform is engaged in architecting, developing, and maintaining the environment for the application developers to operate in. They will be a strong individual contributor and teammate, with an eye towards security, scalability, and reliability.
Do not let imposter syndrome hold you back from applying. Great people do not always tick every box. If you think you would thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
What will you be doing?
The Platform team covers a wide array of services and functions. As a Senior Production Engineer you may be required to do some or all of the following:
● Work closely with development teams to ensure applications are designed for scalability, reliability, and performance.
● Design, deploy, and maintain distributed, multi-region, highly scalable, and reliable services to improve developer productivity and experience.
● Build and maintain effective monitoring, logging, and alerting systems.
● Implement Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) best practices.
● Continuously improve our application infrastructure and processes.
● Drive discussions around the future of the developer platform at ILM.
● Provide support in the event of critical service downtime.
To be a contributing member of this team, you will have a mix of these skills:
● Expert knowledge of Python and the Linux environment.
● Experience working with network and application protocols like NFS, TCP, gRPC, HTTP, etc…
● Experience with several relational or NoSQL technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch.
● Experience building and managing Kubernetes clusters in production.
● Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform, Ansible.
● Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
● Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana, and Datadog.
● Knowledge of or expertise with SRE practices.
● Experience designing and implementing distributed systems in multi-region and hybrid environments.
● Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
● Bachelor’s degree, M.Sc, or Ph.D in Computing Science, or equivalent professional experience.
The following qualifications are a plus:
● Experience developing with C, C++, Rust
● Experience with message queuing systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
● Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
● VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience
● Experience developing on Windows
Who we’re looking for?
1. Do you have a passion for technology, systems design, and solving puzzles?
2. Can you drive projects through to completion, juggle competing priorities, and think on your feet?
3. Do you delight in creating ingenious solutions, brainstorming with a global team, and bringing fresh ideas to the table?
4. Are you an empathetic listener, a concise technical communicator, and love keeping stakeholders up to date?
Then yes, we're looking for you.
If you are a Senior Platform Engineer with a strong background in data-intensive systems and are looking for an exciting opportunity to make movie magic, we encourage you to apply.
At Lucasfilm/ILM we believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are integral to our company. We are at our best when our people at all levels reflect the vast life experiences of our audiences, and we thrive when ideas and decisions from all are valued and represented. If you are passionate about the role, but
don't fit every criteria of the posting, we encourage you to still apply. We want to hear your story.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ILM (Australia) Pty. Ltd., which is part of a business we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.