Chief OfficerApply NowApply Later Job ID 1148506BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 22, 2023
As Chief Officer you will be the designated ship's stability Officer and also responsible for maintaining the ship's interior and exterior.
You will report to the Staff Captain
Level: 3 stripes Senior Officer
- Oversee the exterior and interior maintenance.
- Supervise ballasting, ship’s stability, trim and keep proper ballast record in compliance with the Ballast Water Management Plan.
- Oversee fresh water bunkering (not in the ECR), maintaining records.
- Keep the preventive maintenance system up to date regarding maintenance routines. Keep the Lloyd’s survey list for the hull and tanks (excluding the fuel/lubrication oil tanks) up to date, and see that surveys are carried out as per the schedule.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and safety of platforms, shell doors, tender arrangements, pilot ladders, anchor and mooring equipment, etc.
- Assist the Staff Captain during Flag State, port state, health inspections, class society inspections, and Safety Management System matters.
- See that personnel files for the Deck Ratings and Petty Officers are maintained (working with Human Resources).
- Be in charge of tendering and platform operations.
- Maintain damage control equipment.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under your control.
- Master unlimited license
- 2+ years’ experience as Chief Officer/Senior Officer on medium to large cruise vessels
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to take command and make quick decisions under pressure
- Flexibility and a cool head in dynamic, ever-evolving environments
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.