Second EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 1153497BR Location Shipboard Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Nov. 09, 2023
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
As Second Engineer you will be responsible for the engine room operation and in charge of the Engineering watch keeping team. When not on watch you will be responsible for maintenance of engineering systems.
- While on watch in the Engine Control Room (ECR) oversees the proper/safe operation of all engineering systems and equipment.
- Oversee the preparation of the main and auxiliary machinery for operation.
- Require isolation of electrical and other systems and see that required safety permits and protective equipment are used before work on such systems is started.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment.
- Provides professional and social guidance to subordinates by exemplary personal leadership, and maintain good team work with other Engineering officers and Crew.
- Leads and supervises all Crew Members under their charge to see that maintenance and repair work is done safely and professionally.
- Uphold the general safety management responsibilities in areas and operations under their control.
- Second Engineer unlimited license or higher
- 2+ years’ experience as Engineering Watch Leader preferably on cruise vessels
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about guiding other team members
- Proven leadership skills, and ability to take command and make quick decisions under pressure
- Flexibility and a cool head in dynamic, ever-evolving environments
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.